power evangelism manual
With Drs. Rodney & Adonica Howard-Browne
Evangelists Eric & Jennifer Gonyon, Evangelist Daniel McGehee and The Great Awakening Team
John 4:35, "Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? Behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest."
OUTREACH LEADERSHIP TEAM FLOW CHART...................................................4
CHAPTER I - SOUL WINNING.......................................................7
14 .15 .18 ..21 .22 .23 23 ..24 ..25 .26 .27 29 .30 ..30 ..30 ..31 .31 32 .34 .35 .37 .38
1. SCRIPTURES TO MEDITATE ON........................
I. Reaching An Area................................
II. Other Methods of Getting the Gospel Out,
III. Soul Winning Folder............................
IV. Team Leader Responsibilities..................
V. Soul Winning Training Class....................
VI. Stat Cards.......................................
VII. Gospel Soul Winning Script..................
VIII. Keep Me On Your Prayer List...............
X. Follow Up........................................
XI. Other Tools.....................................
I. High Schools......................................
3. NURSING HOMES.........................................
I. Accessing Local Nursing Homes in the USA
II. Phone Script for Booking Nursing Homes.
III. Key Points.............
IV. Follow Up Points...............................
V. Nursing Home Appointment Slip.............
4. PRISON MINISTRY..............
5. OPERATION ANDREW..................................
6. DATA TRACKING..........................................
7. THE LOCAL CHURCH IN POLITICS..................
CHAPTER II - OUTREACHES
2. STARTING OUT...................................................................................42
3. CREATIVE IDEAS...................................................................................43
5. CHECK LIST EXAMPLE............................................................................47
6. THE SIMPLE GOSPEL...............................................................................48
7. LEADERSHIP MINISTRY...........................................................................49
II. Calling the Company..................................................................51
9. DATA TRACKING.................................................................................53
CHAPTER III - BUS MINISTRY
1. STARTING OUT..................................................................................56
4. SUNDAY MORNING.............................................................................59
5. FOLLOW-UP CALLS..............................................................................62
6. DATA TRACKING.................................................................................63
A Word From Dr. Rodney Howard-Browne
This training manual is by no means an end; it is, however, a beginning, a basic guideline, and the tools that will help every believer win souls.
The Great Awakening Tour was birthed in the summer of 1999 when we went to Madison Square Garden for a six-week soul-winning crusade that saw 48,459 decisions for Christ.
One of the problems is that soul winning, if it is implemented at all in a church, is left up to the few. The great commission, “Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature,” is not the great suggestion. Soul winning is something that is, and should be, the quest of every believer as souls are the only thing that you and I can take with us when we die.
This is why Jesus came: to seek and save that which is lost. It's time for the church to get back to the basics of the Gospel and start winning the lost. When I was a boy, my pastor, Pastor Labaschagne, regarding soul winning, would say to use any bait even if it stinks; we are catching fish. Jesus said to Peter, “Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” We are all to be fishers of men, from those in the full time ministry to every believer. The Lord spoke to me and said that it's time to mobilize every believer to bring in the harvest of souls! Jesus is coming soon. This should not be attempted by anyone until they receive according to Acts 1 verse 8: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. The power to be witnesses is to preach boldly and proclaim the Good News understanding that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation. We are carriers and we are announcers of this Good News Gospel realizing that the goodness of God leads us to repentance.
Our job is not to convict. Our job is to proclaim; the Word of God convicts. If we attempt to do the work of the Holy Spirit, we will condemn. The love of God flowing from the lips of a Spirit-filled believer will allow the Word of God to do what it does. Jesus said, “And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.” He also said that no man can come to me except the Spirit draw him - and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. He stands with arms wide open. He says, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” The Gospel is Good News and must be carried by people who are full of Jesus and the joy of their salvation. People can see if you are real or fake. They can see if you know Jesus personally or have just heard about Him.
These are tools that will help pastors and leaders mobilize their people to win the lost at any cost from the penthouse to the crack house. We are going to shout it from the mountaintops to the rooftops until the whole world knows how awesome He is and how wonderful He is.
Soul winning is that which will count one hundred years from this moment; nothing else will. How many people can we take with us? Eternity is in our hearts. Every second is valuable; every chance must be taken to bring in this harvest. Will you help? We need laborers. Jesus said, “Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? Behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.” We must rather pray the Lord of the harvest that He send forth laborers; you are an answer to the Lord of the harvest's prayer.
Thank you for joining us on our global quest for souls. Every tribe and tongue will hear this Good News. Whole cities and towns and villages will be shaken by the power of God. Nations will be awakened and we will see the greatest harvest of souls and then King Jesus will return.
All these tools are copyright so copy them right. Share them with friends and family. Help them win souls and bring in the harvest so that they too can have treasure in Heaven. The Soul Winner's Crown will be your eternal treasure that you can cast at Jesus' feet.
We will use every method and every means to save souls from an eternity in Hell. Hear the cry of the lost as they wander around in darkness. You are the one who will throw out the lifeline. You are the one carrying the light. Your light is shining so that those who are in darkness can find their way.
We encourage you to document everything that is happening by keeping count of decision for Christ, writing down testimonies, and taking pictures. These are all ways to encourage others to go out and reach the harvest. If they see and/or that someone else can do it, they can to!
“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you”
OUTREACH LEADERSHIP TEAM
OUTREACH DIRECTOR - Oversee all departments, approves purchases, organizes events, and communicates between departments, continually keeping the vision before the team.
I. Bus Coordinator - Printing excels for attendance, Marking attendance after Sunday, Coordinating buses/vans and helpers on Sunday morning, Scheduling and recruiting helpers and drivers for Sunday morning, Making sure buses/vans are ready for Sunday, Receipts for Gas, Inventory of any Supplies needed for Sunday (Ex: Visitor Cards, Kids Church Cards), Bus Ride Call requests, Relaying information to the Soul Winning Coordinator what info needs to be on the flyers on the streets (Ex: Prize Giveaways, Church Events)
• Bus Captains - oversees the bus and welcomes everyone, shares scriptures and praying for the people ° Helpers - mark attendance, helps people fill out any forms, interacts and prays for the people
II. Outreach Coordinator - Approves Flyer Requests, Oversees and Coordinates Bible Studies and Outreaches, handles Vans and Trailers to transport items for Outreaches, Handles Receipts for Purchases, Sound Requests, Any Equipment, Inventory of Outreach Supplies, Coordinates Camera(s) for Pictures of the Event
• Community Leader - oversees the Bible Study, preaches, coordinates the pastoral outreach of the community
° Hospitality - Coordinates set up ° Data - Keeps track of stats
° Set Up Team - Helps set up for outreaches which will include a cook if serving food and worship leader if there will be worship
III. Soul Winning Coordinator - Making Maps and Folders, Selects Folders for Soul Winning for the Day, Schedules Class Trainers, Soul Winning Supplies Inventory, Restocking Folders, Requests Vans, Handles Receipts for Purchases, Restocking Outreach Table where Outreach Box is Located, Makes sure Training Class is Set Up, Coordinates Camera(s) for the Streets, Makes flyers for the Buses or Outreaches to Handout on the Streets • Class Trainer - Soul Winning Training Class, Assign Team Leaders, and Teams ° Team Leaders - Lead teams on the streets
IV. Call Center Leader - Recruiting and Managing People to help Call and Pray for the Follow Up Calls, Calling those who came on the Bus and the Keep Me On Your Prayer Lists that came from the Streets, Communicates Announcements of Events on the Buses and at the Church, Makes Call Scripts
V. Data Leader - Handle Stats for Soul Winning, Outreaches, and Bus
VI. Donations/Marketing Coordinator - Calls Businesses for Donations and Grants (Ex: Gift Cards for Prizes and Funds for outreaches)
Out of everything we do the eternal destination of a person is the most important. God's heart is to see everyone spend eternity with Him instead of separated from Him. No matter whether a person chooses your church as their church home we must do our part to give people an opportunity to be saved by preaching the Good News of salvation.
“Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.”
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following.Amen.”
“And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.”
“The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.”
“Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.”
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
“How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!”
II Timothy 1:7
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.”
“But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
This Power Evangelism packet was put together to help the body of Christ win the lost at any cost. If you will apply these techniques and tools, you will obtain fruitful results in your personal life and in your ministry with seeing multitudes call upon the name of the Lord.
We call this evangelism method “Power Evangelism” because Acts 1:8 declares: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. You will notice that the scripture reports that we receive power to be a witness. Many want the power of God but are not willing to be a witness. When the power fell in Acts chapter 2, 120 people were endued with this power that Jesus spoke of and Peter preached the Pentecostal sermon. As a result, 3,000 were added to the Kingdom of God. The purpose of the power is to be a witness.
Ask the Lord to break your heart for the lost. Prayer: Lord, let me see people the way that You see people. Give me a revelation that You have come to seek and to save that which was lost, and that You leave the ninety-nine sheep to go after the one lost sheep. The Great Commission is not the Great Suggestion. I thank you Lord that I have the love of God and the power of God in my life and that I will be an effective witness...in Jesus' name. Amen
• Soul Winning is not a program but a PASSION. • Soul Winning is not an event but a LIFESTYLE. • Souls are the currency of ETERNITY.
Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”
Acts 2:21, "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
A. Different Areas
a. RESIDENCES (Bus Route): When inviting people to come to your church on a bus or van, it's good to have a map of the areas you have made as your route. Visit every location on a weekly basis and have a consistent presence there. More information on how to create a Bus Route is included in CHAPTER III: Bus Ministry.
b. RESIDENCES (Non Bus Route) : When inviting people in a radius around the church or in areas where most can drive, depending on how big of an area you are trying to reach, it can be hard to keep track where you your progress by creating a larger map of the area, and highlighting the areas that have been completed.
c. OTHER: Any area that has a great influx of people is great for soul winning. Always bring brochures or flyers about your church.
*Add in a back up location nearby the designated soul winning location as so if the team is asked to leave they have another area to share the Gospel at during the time period to be on the streets
1. Make a list of friends, family, associates, and your realm of influence of people that are not serving the Lord and share the Gospel with them.
2. Soul Winning mail-outs to your zip code, city, town, prisons, etc.
3. Knock on doors in your neighborhood, your church neighborhood, city, etc.
4. Soul Winning commercials on television, radio, Internet
5. Conduct outreaches: free food, concerts, carnivals, health fairs, children events such as; Easter egg hunts, petting zoo, etc.
6. Rent a booth at home shows, flea markets, and fairs to issue the Individual Survey and Poll to everyone who comes near your table.
7. Call everyone in the phone directory. Use the Phone Gospel Soul Winning Script.
8. Rent a venue to preach to groups of people.
9. Run Soul-Winning ads in newspapers, local publications.
10. Reach your local schools by asking if you can conduct a prayer during general assembly. Pray for the students' safety and go straight into the Gospel Soul Winning Script. Also, to reach your local schools on career day, you can share what you do for a living and then go into the Gospel Soul Winning Script.
11. Identify what time the school bell rings to dismiss high schools---have teams at nearby locations to share the Gospel.
12. Wherever there are local rallies and / or parades, ask if you may have the microphone for a couple of minutes to pray a prayer of safety over everyone and then go into the Gospel Soul Winning Script. Identify special events by referring to the local newspapers.
13. College campuses. Get the campus map and identify the busiest locations. Where are the fraternity and sorority housing? Where do they meet? Identify nearest coffee shops. (The Gospel survey works well at colleges.)
14. Share the Gospel on a bus with the permission of the bus driver. Trains and subways can also be fruitful. When are their busiest times?
15. Share the Gospel in the local food shelters, homeless shelters, and weather aide shelters.
16. Share the Gospel in the local boys and girls clubs.
17. Offer prayer at birthday parties and celebrations and then go into the Gospel Soul Winning Script.
18. Create a Soul Winning Website. See www.claybe.com
19. Billboards on highways, busses, bus benches, posters, handbills advertising a Soul Winning Website
20. Banner ads advertising a Soul Winning Website
21. Evangelize local apartments, malls, movie theatres, and grocery stores, near the courthouses, down- town areas, parks, and beaches.
22. Mass distribute DVDs and / or CDs with a Gospel Soul Winning message.
23. Evangelize local nursing homes.
24. Evangelize hospitals and orphanages.
25. At mega events, such as football and basketball games, trust God for permission to have every- one in attendance complete the Individual Survey and Poll. With little league games, offer prayer by asking the coach for permission. Pray for everyone's safety and then go into the Gospel Soul Winning Script.
26. T-shirts, caps, business cards, bumper stickers and / or magnets on your vehicles advertising the Soul Winning Website. For example: www.claybe.com what if you could live forever...
27. Start a web campaign emailing the Individual Survey and Poll and / or the link to the Soul Winning Website.
28. Karaoke night at bars, events, and restaurants---sing a song, pray for everyone, and give an Altar Call.
29. Dramas with an ALTAR CALL given.
30. Evangelize weddings and funerals—say a prayer for everyone, share the Gospel, and give an altar call.
*On the next two pages are the Zip Code Soul Winning Letter and Soul Winning Phone Script for Phone Directory which are also
included on the CD with the manual.
I wanted to be a blessing to you so I sent this letter to you because I care about your eternal destiny. Please know that God loves you and He has a great plan for your life! I have a very important question to ask you. If today were your last day here, do you know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you would go to Heaven? Many times when I ask others this question, their response is that there is no way to know for sure, or that I've missed the mark too many times. But the good news is that there is a way to know for sure and it is not through our good deeds. The Bible reads, “for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” And “for the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” The Bible reads, For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. And you're a whosoever, right? Of course you are.
I'm going to say a quick prayer for you right now. Lord, I pronounce blessings over those reading this letter. Jesus, do a quick work in their heart and make Yourself real to them. Jesus, comfort them and their loved ones. Fill them with Your peace that passes all understanding. If they have never personally called upon the name of the Lord Jesus or if in past times they did, but have turned from You, I pray that they will call upon Your name and surrender all to You right now. If you would like to receive the gift that God has for you by asking Jesus Christ to come into your heart, say this with your heart and lips out loud right now.
Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Take out the stony heart and give me a heart of flesh. Forgive me of my sin. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free and change me. Make me the person that You called me to be. Jesus, thank You that You died for me and shed Your blood for me. I believe that God raised You from the dead and I thank You that You're coming back again for me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit and the joy of the Lord. Give me a passion to reach the lost, a hunger for the things of God, and a holy boldness to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm saved. I'm born-again. I'm forgiven and I'm on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart. Thank You Jesus.
When you asked Jesus to come into your heart and to forgive you, He heard you and did so. All of your sins are now forgiven. Always remember to run to God and NOT from Him because He loves you and has a great plan for your life. That's VERY good news.
Pastor_(include church details and church invite)
Hello, may I speak with NAME (If not home, continue with person that you are speaking with).
Hi, NAME, this is (your name) with The River at Tampa Bay (your church). How are you doing today? The reason for my call is to see if you or your family have any prayer requests that we could pray for...maybe for a job, or pay raise, health, kids, relatives?
Okay, it will be our privilege to pray with you, Name, I have some good news for you. Please know that God loves you and He has a good plan for your life.
I have a real quick but important question to ask you. If you were to die this very second, do you know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you would go to Heaven? (If they don't know, or say “No' or ‘That's personal' PROCEED WITH SCRIPT. If they say ‘Yes', say ‘That's great, why would you say ‘Yes'? (If they respond with anything but “Because I have Jesus in my heart” PROCEED WITH SCRIPT) [Do not argue; stick to the script; be brief.]
Let me quickly share with you what the Holy Bible reads. It reads “for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” And “for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” The Bible also reads, “whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”. And you're a ‘whosoever' right? Of course you are—we all are.
I'm going to say a quick prayer for you. Lord, bless NAME and his/her family with long and healthy lives. Do a quick work is his/her heart. Make Yourself so real to him/her and if NAME has not received Jesus Christ as his/her Lord and Savior, I pray that he/she will do so now.
NAME, if you would like to receive the gift that God has for you today, say this after me with your heart and lips out loud.
Say, Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart; be my Lord and Savior. Forgive me of all my sin. Set me free. Jesus, thank You that You died for me. I believe that You are risen from the dead and that You are coming back again for me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God and a holy boldness to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm saved; I'm born-again; I'm forgiven and I'm on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart.
NAME, I want you to know that all of your sins are forgiven. When you mean business with God, He means business with you. Always remember to run to God and never run from God because He loves you and has a great plan for your life. PRAY FOR THEIR OTHER PRAYER NEEDS THAT THEY MENTIONED EARLIER. I would really love to introduce you to some of the pastors and my friends here at The River (your church). Our service time is at 9:30 AM on Sunday morning with Pastors Rodney & Adonica Howard-Browne (your church and pastoral information). Give them your church address; encourage them to come and to be water baptized. Please visit our website: www.revival.com - Fill commitment card with their info for follow up.
Create a folder for every area you want to reach with name of that area on the front. A folder will go to the team leader and will supply all the needed information for them to lead their team. They have directions and info on the area where they are going (ex: If it is an area where the bus picks up, the bus time is on the map). The items to be included in a soul winning:
A. Map (3 Parts)
a. Wide View of how to get from point A (The Church) to B (Soul Winning Location)
b. Close Up View of the Soul Winning Location, the areas to be reached are highlighted and marked, and any important details written out for the area.
c. The word directions of how to get there.
B. Back Up Locations
a. List of other areas the team can go to if the location nearby is unfruitful or if they are asked to leave.
b. Map of those areas
C. Team Leader Card
D. Soul Winning Materials (Just in case the someone on the team loses theirs)
a. 3 Stat Cards
b. 1 English Script
c. 1 Spanish Script
d. 1 Keep Me On Your Prayer List
e. 3-5 Surveys
WHEN RECEIVING MAP
• Explain Directions clearly to your team.
TRAINING NEW PEOPLE
• Groups of 3-6
• ALWAYS USE Gospel Soul Winning Script even if you know it by heart
• At first you must focus on teaching the Script and then let them go on their own
• ALWAYS go 2 by 2 (Never out of eyesight of your partner nor too far away from them)
• No laying hands on kids. Lay hands on the sick (adults) with permission.
• Parents on your team must keep their children with them at ALL times
• No one can go in houses for your safety and the safety of your partner
• Make sure you get the stat cards and Keep Me On Your Prayer Lists of anyone who leaves earlier than the designated time
LEAVING LOCATION EARLY
• GO TO BACK UP LOCATION (LOCATED INSIDE FOLDER):
° If a location asks you to leave the property.
° If you don't feel a peace with staying at a certain spot, then leave immediately. Be sensitive to the Holy Ghost in every decision you make. We need to protect the team, and God will give you wisdom on how to keep them safe.
° If a location is not very fruitful.
• Report in at the designated time to the church to turn in your folder, stat cards, team leader cards, and keep me on your prayer lists.
• Address any issues that come up and give feedback on the locations.
• Make sure your team drinks plenty of water, has enough to eat, and uses sun block if out for long periods of time. TEAM LEADER CARD
• The following page goes over the team leader card
Get names and phone numbers of people on your team so you can stay in contact.
Collect Stat Cards and Keep Me On Your Prayer Lists from team at end of day
Fill out team leader card entirely w/ Total Souls at bottom
A. At the end of the Soul Winning time period you will want someone who receives the teams off the streets and getting the Team Leader’s completed Team Leader Card, Stat Cards, & Keep Me On Your Prayer Lists.
B. On this sheet you can write the names of the Team Leaders before they go on the streets.
C. After they come off the streets you can write how many harvesters and souls the team has won.
*There is Team Leader Recovery Sheet included on the CD.
Before you launch teams, conduct a soul winning class. Encourage the class with scriptures on God's commission to preach the Gospel. Always demonstrate the script! Use the script on someone in the class to demonstrate to them how easy it is to follow. Encourage everyone to JUST READ THE SCRIPT! Also, encourage them to demonstrate how to get others healed and filled with the Holy Ghost. All the soul-winning tools listed in this section are available on the CD included with the manual. On the next page, is an outline of a Soul Winning Training Class.
The next pages go over in detail the important elements of training individuals on how to effectively share the Gospel on the streets and/or nursing homes.
• Preliminaries: Lay aside different methods, preconceived ideas. Jump in all the way. We're here to help you catch fish - fishers of men.
• Liability Form. Clipboard-Sign In
• Pray. Pray for fear to go, boldness to come, and for everyone to have a greater passion for the lost. Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. Now, that is our mission.
• Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
• John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot
see the kingdom of God.
• There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. It's a real deal; it's not a fairy tale. People must be born-again. We must preach the Gospel of Christ to them.
• Rom. 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth...
• The Gospel of Christ goes straight to the heart of a man, woman, or child.
• Romans 2:4 tells us that it is the goodness of God leads people to repentance.
• 2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
• Do not allow fear to stop you. Fear paralyzes. Faith mobilizes. We must be mobilized and share Christ with this
world. We must preach it to everyone and leave out no one.
• 2 Peter 3:9...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS AN INDIVIDUAL STAT CARD AND A GOSPEL SCRIPT
• Individual Stat Card—SET A SOUL GOAL— Psalm 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
• The more people that you share the Gospel of Christ with, the more people you will see invite Christ into their hearts. If you are asking the Lord for 10 decisions for Christ today, you, at least, need to share the Gospel with 10 people.
• Gospel Soul-Winning Script: A tool that God gave this ministry. —ROLE PLAY—Trainer leads someone to the Lord and has everyone follow along with their Gospel Scripture Card. (Most popular answers: Yes, I would go to Heaven.Because I am a good person. PROCEED WITH GOSPEL SCRIPT.) What do you say if they say that they are an atheist, Buddhist, Mormon? Continue with the Gospel script.
• How to collect follow up info: use the Keep Me On Your Prayer List Card (commitment card). Invite them to church.
• RECOMMITMENTS --- what to say if they say that they are a Christian. (ON A SCALE 1 TO 5, 5 being red hot on fire for God, where would you say your walk with the Lord is today — a 5, 4, 3? (If they are not a 5, have them recommit their all to the Lord.) Today is the perfect day to recommit.
• Have everyone read the Gospel Soul Winning Script to the person that they are sitting next to. Everyone must read it out loud in class.
• Pray before dismissing everyone to go to the streets. Pray for boldness, protection, and favor. Expect great things because Jesus is being lifted up.
• SHAKE EM & WAKE EM (They are not sleeping because they are tired; they are sleeping because they do not have anything else going on.)
• Share the Nursing Home Gospel Script with every resident and then staff members. Trust God for instant healings and miracles.
• If the resident cannot speak, ask them to NOD THEIR HEAD, BLINK THEIR EYES, or SQUEEZE YOUR HAND to indicate that they want to receive Christ.
• AGAINST FEDERAL LAW TO COLLECT INFO OR DISTRIBUTE INFO
WEAR BADGES IN THE NURSING HOMES
At a later time, check with the Activities Director to see if you can start a Bible study group for follow up.
Please, hide fancy/nice jewelry. Do not lay hands on children—BUT DO LAY HANDS ON THE SICK. Do not go inside houses. Please, put personal belongings inside your trunk before leaving the facilities.
Did you set your SOUL GOAL?
Did you set your CHURCH COMMITMENT GOAL?
Go two by two
ASSIGN PEOPLE IN CLASS TO THE TEAM LEADERS AND GO YE...
APPROACH AT DOOR: Knock---happy knock.
• Take a couple of steps back so they do not feel crowded.
• Hi there. I'm from_Church. Just wanted to let you know that we're right down the street—(hand them
flyer). And we are seeing if you or your family members have any prayer requests. (Listen) OK
• Read the Gospel Script. Expect the power of God to touch them & for them to invite Christ into their hearts.
BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
• After they invite Christ into them. Say: Jesus is also the baptizer of the Holy Spirit and He wants every believer to be filled with the Holy Spirit. He will give you a heavenly prayer language to pray the perfect will of God—and give you power to live right, think right, pray right, and do right. Now is a good time to ask Jesus to fill you with the mighty Holy Spirit. Have them say: Jesus, You are my Savior and You are the baptizer of the Holy Spirit and Fire. I want all that You have for me. I'm asking You to baptize me with the Holy Spirit and Fire right now with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. In Jesus' name—
• Next, the soul winner says: Let that heavenly language flow from you right now---start speaking forth those syllables. It comes from your belly, not from your head. Be filled with the Holy Spirit and Fire now, in Jesus' mighty name. Amen.
RECEIVE THEIR HEALING / MIRACLE
• Pray regarding their prayer request. (If regarding an ailment/sickness/pain: EXAMPLE: My knee bothers me. ASK:
Does it hurt right now? // Jesus saves and He also heals people ... // I AM A BELIEVER AND JESUS IS THE HEALER. ARE YOU READY FOR HIM TO HEAL YOU? // Have them say: Jesus, You are my Savior and You are my Healer. I'm asking You to heal me from_and from all sickness and diseases. By Your stripes I am healed.
• Next: Lay hands on them; command every sickness, ailment, pain to go in Jesus' name. EXPECT SOMETHING TO HAPPEN WHEN YOU LAY HANDS ON SOMEONE---FAITH ACTIVATED).// Ask them to move their leg now— Ask them to do something that they couldn't do before. Where's the pain now?—Praise the Lord.
• Please, capture their follow up details & issue follow-up material.
• Refer back to your home church / times, easy to get to location---Get a Church Commitment. WATER BAPTISM—DATE & TIME service (Points of interests: nursery, children's church, youth, young adults, Bible school).
(I'll give you a phone call Saturday night to remind you to set your alarm clock.)
• MARK YOUR INDIVIDUAL STAT CARD. (REMEMBER: THE MORE PEOPLE THAT YOU SPEAK WITH, THE MORE PEOPLE WILL SAY YES TO JESUS AND EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF GOD AS YOU PREACH THE GOSPEL AND LAY HANDS ON THE SICK... HAVE FUN, GO FOR IT, & FOLLOW THE HOLY GHOST.)
• NOTE: Pastors & leaders, we encourage you to have soul winning testimonies in your church every Sunday to mobilize everyone to be a witness. Always, mention Soul Winning times. Remember, to log your decisions for Christ on www.revival.com and click POST STATS. Please, register your church as a Soul Saving Station also on revival.com
The Individual Stat Card is a great way to keep track of how many souls are won within your church. It gives the Soul Winner a way to keep track of how many they led to the Lord and then they can report to the leader and to the church giving the church an idea how many souls the church is reaching. Following, is the info that can be kept track individually on each stat card.
A. SOUL GOAL: “You aim at nothing, you'll hit nothing.” The soul goal is important. We encourage everyone to put down whatever number God put in your spirit, no matter how big. If God gave you the number, He'll help you meet it.
B. CHURCH COMMITMENT GOAL: This is how many you are believing to have a commitment to come to your church.
C. SPOKEN TO: This keeps track of how many people you spoke to. If your soul goal is 15, then you must at least talk to 15 people. This helps your team leader know how the soul winner is doing. If the soul goal is 15, and the team leader sees the soul winner has only won one person to the Lord. When the team leader looks at the “Spoken To” and sees that they only have spoken to 3 people the team leader knows the person just needs help speaking to more people. If they have spoken to 20 people, then the leader can find out if they are following the script, and/or where they keep stumbling.
D. SAID YES TO CHRIST: How many have said the salvation prayer with you.
E. SAID NO TO CHRIST: How many reject the Gospel or do not say the salvation prayer with you.
F. CHURCH COMMITMENT: How many said “Yes” to come to your church.
INDIVIDUAL STAT CARD
My Soul Goal Today:_
Meta de almas para hoy
# of People I Spoke with:_
# de personas con quien hable
# Said Yes To Christ:._
# que le dijeron SI a Cristo
# Said No To Christ:_
# que le dijeron NO a Cristo:
# of Church Commitments:_
# quieren ir a la Iglesia
Thank you for making an eternal difference today! jGracias por hacer un impacto eterno!
A. Has anyone ever told you that God loves you and that He has a wonderful plan for your life! I have a real quick, but important
g question to ask you. If you were to die this very second, do you knots' for sure, beyond a shadosv of a doubt, that you would go to Heaven? [If "Yes”- — Great, why would you say "Yes”? (If they respond with anything but “I have Jesus in my heart' or something similar to that, PROCEED WITH SCRIPT) or "No” or “I hope so” PROCEED WITH SCRIPT.]
A. First Question, this is a great question presenting the love of God.
B. Second Question, if they answer with “Yes”, you ask why they would say yes. If they say they are a Christian, read the Bible, go to church, pray every night, Muslim, Buddhist, Jehovah Witness, etc. then proceed with the script!!! (Take note this is the last question you ask.)
C. Present the Gospel to them. Remember,
The power is in the Gospel. You are putting the pressure on God's Word to touch their hearts.
D. The next line is NOT “Can I pray for you?”
If you ask, the chances are more likely they'll say no. Boldly say “I'm going to pray a quick prayer for you.” The prayer is basically asking God to do a work and open hearts for salvation.
E. This is not another question. If they are not sure they will pray the prayer with you.
F. After they pray with you read this part. It encourages them that God really does love them and has a wonderful plan for their life.
C. Let me quickly share with you what the Holy Bible reads. It reads “for all have sinned and come short of the glory ofGod' and “for the wages of sin is death, but the gift ol Cod is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". Tire Bible also reads, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall he saved”. And you’re a "whosoever” right? Of course you are; all of us are.
D. I m going to say a quick prayer for you. Lord, bless (FILL IN NAME) and his/her family with long and healthy lives. Jesus, make Yourself real to him/her and do a quick work in his/her heart. If (FILL IN NAME) has not receivedjesus Christas his/ her Lord and Savior, I pray he/she will do so now.
E. (FILL IN NAME), if you would like to receive the gift that God has for you today say this after me with your heart and lips out loud. Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Wash me and cleanse me. Set me free. Jesus, thank You that You died for me. I believe that You are risen from the dead and that You’re coining back again for me. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Give me a passion for the lost, a hunger for the things of God and a holy boldness to preach the gospel ofjesus Christ. Em saved; I'm born again, I'm forgiven and I’m on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart.
F. Asa minister of the gospel ofjesus Christ, I tell you today that all of your sins are forgiven. Always remember to run to God and not from God because He loves you and has a great plan for yaur life.
[Invite them to your church andget follow up info; name, address, & phone number,]
Revival Ministries International P.O. Box 292888 ■ Tampa, FL 33687 (813)971-9999 . www.revival.com
A. After you have led the individual to the Lord, say something like, “I would like to keep you and your family on my prayer list. What’s your name and number?”
B. Write down their information so you can follow up with them. (River Commitment is “Church Commitment”. If they commit to come to one of the services at your church.)
C. Below is an example of our follow up card.
A. With the flyer, you are letting them about your church and what is now happening every Sunday. You are letting them know there is a great opportunity for them to come and be a part of your church. If you are telling people about the buses, you use your bus flyer. If you are reaching an area where most can drive that is not a part of your bus route, have a flyer or some brochure ready that has your church information. (Address, Service Times, Phone Number, Office Hours, Etc.)
B. When sharing the flyer with someone, talk about everything on the flyer: the time, location, food boxes (optional), contacts for info, etc.
C. Another tool to advertise for your church is a business card. We have included on the CD an example of our River Ticket that is business card size. It gives information about the church as well as a map on the back.
at tampa bay church
Sunday 10 am & 7 pm * Wednesday 7 pm Thursday Prayer 7 pm
'Childrens Ministry & Scarish Translator provided
One tool we use in follow up after we lead someone to the Lord is our Follow Up VCD. It is a mini DVD that teaches the basics on what it means to be a Christian, baptized in the Holy Ghost, Tithing, etc.
A. Collect all the Keep Me On Your Prayer Lists or have people keep their cards to follow up.
B. Call everyone on the list and call to say “hello”, ask if they have any prayer requests, pray for them, and ask if they have any questions about the church. Treat them like family, and don't be scripted if you use a script.
FOLLOW-UP CALL SCRIPT
Hello, may I speak with - (Name on Commitment Card)? This is - your name - with The River at Tampa Bay Church (your church). How are you doing today?
(Name), I just wanted to congratulate you on your recent decision to dedicate your life to Jesus Christ. That is one of the most important decisions you could make. (Name), do you have any prayer requests that you would like us to pray about for you or your family? (If so, PRAY now with them.) (Name), you definitely want to strengthen your walk with the Lord by reading your Bible, praying, and worshiping the Lord. I have discovered that attending a Spirit-filled, Bible preaching church has helped me in many ways with my relationship with the Lord.
(Name), do you currently have a home church that you regularly attend? If ‘yes' respond ‘That's wonderful. Which church? How often are you presently attending - once a week or once a month?' (If every week, encourage them to tell their Pastor about their decision about accepting Christ.)
If not attending every week: ( Name) I encourage you to come and visit us here at The River at Tampa Bay (your church). Attending the River has definitely helped me grow in my relationship with the Lord. It has helped my life in so many different areas (with my kids, marriage, health - whichever applies - share quick testimony).
(your church information) Our Sunday morning service is at 9:30. I would love to introduce you to some of our pastors and my good friends this Sunday. What do you say, can we see you here this Sunday? We are conveniently located off of I-75 & Mango exit: 3738 River International Drive. (Mention promotion: FREE Gift Pack $25 value.)
By the way, many parents take advantage of our outstanding children programs and youth facilities. Can I help you with any information regarding those?
River Nursery during services: birth to 2 years old River Children's church - during services: ages 3-12 yrs old River Youth - Sunday nights during service only: ages 13-19 yrs old
(Name), it was very nice speaking with you. And once again (name), my name is_.
Please ask for me on Sunday - God bless you and thank you again.
SURVEY - This tool is the Gospel Soul Winning Script in a survey form. The script is great if you want to set up a stand at a large event. You can do a prize giveaway and have people fill out the survey in order to win the prize. After a person fills out a survey have someone checking whether the individual checked Yes, No, or nothing at all on whether they said the prayer. If they circled No or nothing at all use the Gospel Soul Winning Script and give them another opportunity to get saved.
TESTIMONY CARD - This is a tool used to give people a chance to write down their testimonies about what happened as a result of preaching the Gospel. Through a person's testimony others are encouraged to preach the Gospel. The testimonies can be read during the service, or have the people themselves tell the testimonies themselves during the service, post them on the church or ministry website, and/or put them in a newsletter.
*These tools are included with the CD.
Individual Survey and Poll
Please take a few short minutes to complete this survey and return it to the person who issued it to you.
1. Has anyone ever told you that God loves you and that He has a great plan for
your life? DYes ClNo
2. If today were your last day here on earth, do you know for sure, beyond a shadow of a doubt that you would go to Heaven? DYes DNo
3. If you answered, "yes" to question #2, is that because you are a good person and/or because you attend church regularly? DYes DNo
4. Have you ever heard that the Holy Bible reads, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." And "For the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." And 'Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved?" DYes DNo
5. Did you know that you are a "whosoever"? DYes DNo
Here's a quick prayer for you: Lord, bless each person who reads this with long and healthy lives. Jesus, do a quick work in their heart and make Yourself so real to them. If they have never called upon Your name, I pray that they will do so right now.
If you would like to receive the gift that God has for you today, say this with your heart and your lips out loud:
Dear Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Forgive me of my sin. Set me free. Jesus, thank You that You died for me. I believe that God raised You from the dead. Fill me with the Holy Spirit, the peace of God, and the joy of the Lord. Give me a passion to reach the lost, a hunger for the things of God, and a holy boldness to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I’m saved. I'm born-again. I'm forgiven and I'm on my way to Heaven because I have Jesus in my heart. Thank You Jesus!
When you asked Jesus to come into your heart and to forgive you. He heard you and did so. All of your sins are now forgiven. Always remember to run to God and NOT from God because He loves you and has a great plan for your life. That's VERY good news.
6. Did you say the above prayer? DYes DNo
Name of person who issued you the survey:_
Thank you for completing this survey.
Reaching the College aged generation is of immense importance. Many students starting in college have left their parents home for the first time in their lives. They leave everything behind to start a life on their own away from the control, rules and restrictions of their parents. Many times this results in a party lifestyle that completely destroys these young lives. The enemy to put them in bondage and to take away their innocence and purity uses the sense of freedom that they feel. In their search for something real the church has failed to demonstrate the real Jesus to them and therefore the go in the other direction to a real world.
Moreover, in this phase of their lives they make decisions that will for a great part determine the course of their future; what subject to major in, what girl/boy to marry, what career to choose, what city or state to live in etc. If we miss them in this phase where they lay a foundation for their lives, many times we will not be able to get a chance to share the gospel with them until much later in their lives. It is such a crucial generation to reach. These young people are the face of future America. We must reach them with the good news, we must bring them into the Kingdom of God, and we must give them something real...a real relationship with Jesus Christ. If we reach these young people we reach the future of this nation.
In going to the School Campuses we have found several tools of evangelism that work very well and that will help you reach many people.
SOUL WINNING AT A HIGH SCHOOL:
• No laying hands on students. The teachers will ask you to leave.
• Keep soul-winning materials hidden and not out in the open because the school may call it “soliciting”.
• Split up two by twos. Don't send entire team to the same part of the school.
• Ask if you can conduct a prayer during general assembly. Pray for the students' safety and go straight into the Gospel Soul Winning Script.
• On career day, you can share what you do for a living and then go into the Gospel Soul Winning Script.
• Identify what time the school bell rings to dismiss high schools---have teams at nearby locations to share the Gospel.
• Praying for teams is a great way to reach the school. Ask the coach if it is ok to pray for the team saying something like...
° “My name is_with_(Church/Ministry/Youth Group) and I saw that your team
was practicing. I would like to pray for protection and favor for their next game.”
° If the coach agrees to let you pray for the team do a simple prayer praying for their safety and favor. Then lead into the Gospel Soul Winning Script by sharing the scriptures on the script. Tell them that if there is anyone not sure they are going to heaven to say the prayer with you.
• If someone who is not a student would like to do a Bible study in the school they would need a student within the school who wants to do it as well. (Public Schools must be student led.) A student can lead one without the help of an outside person.
• Get from student a time and day to do it Bible Study. It's best to keep it on the same day and same time. Come up with a name for the group. This is all information you would want to put on a simple flyer (Half page or Quarter page).
• Student needs to get permission from teacher to hand out flyers in the classroom. Outside of class is allowed.
• Draw people in to your first event to get the word out about the Bible Study that will be held weekly. You can do this by having a guest speaker as well as food and drinks. (Donuts and orange juice for example.) (You would want the guest speaker/food/drink info on your flyer.) You can have food and drinks once a month or for the holidays. Same for guest speaker.
• Use wisdom in leading Bible Studies. Don't lay hands on students. Preach simple messages on the Word. Build relationships. Keep open for discussion if the students have questions pertaining to what the speaker is sharing. (Keeps Bible Study student led.)
STUDENT SOUL WINNING
• We encourage students in our church who attend a school to use the Gospel Soul Winning Script by sharing the Gospel with their classmates.
• Train them how to use the script.
• You can advertise your youth group in the Bible Studies as well as have those who soul win among the youth pass out flyers advertising your youth group. Below is an example of a youth group flyer.
• You can also start a ‘bus ministry' for the students giving kids a ride to church
° If you have a Youth group at your church you can start picking people up before the service and driving them home afterwards.
° You would have to flyer and spread the word about it and be very consistent when it comes to picking them up.
AT 7:00 PM IN STUDIO B
AT THE RIVER CHURCH
3738 RIVER INTERNATIONAL DR. TAMPA FL. 33610
For any questions cal Student Ministries h 813.971 99 EXT 223
• SOUL WINNING
• Firstly, we use the Gospel Soul Winning Script at home Football games. Before a game starts, crowds of people gather together to tailgate. They have a lot of time on their hands and they are comfortably seated, and therefore an easy target for a soul winner. By reading the Script to these groups of tailgaters you can win hundreds of people to the Lord in just a matter of hours.
• Get the campus map and identify the busiest locations. Where are the fraternity and sorority housing? Where do they meet? Identify nearest coffee shops. (The Gospel survey works well at colleges.)
• Another way to reach the College Campuses with the good news of the gospel is to do a community outreach.
° The key is to find a community/apartment complex that hosts mainly College Students. If you have a contact within that apartment complex, have them ask for permission with the management of the facility.
° Once approved, you can start spreading flyers around the apartment complex and on campus, inviting people to the event.
° On this flyer you don't specify what the event is about; you simply invite them to a ‘party' with free drinks and maybe a give-away depending on your budget. Giving food or items away always draws a crowd among college students.
° The most important day to flyer is the actual day of the event; you will get the most response from these flyers.
° On the day of the event you set up chairs, a sound system with music playing and get the food and drinks ready.
° Once the students arrive, you simply preach the gospel to them (you do not want to preach longer than 15 minutes); you do an altar call and pray the prayer of salvation with them. Someone can also pray for the baptism of the Holy Spirit with them.
° Once finished, you can release everyone to eat and do the give-away as well.
° You want to wait with these until the end to keep the crowd waiting for what they came for so you have the opportunity to preach the gospel to them before they leave.
° This is also a great opportunity to announce a college group Bible Study.
• Finally, you can also start a ‘bus ministry' for the students.
° If you have a College group at your church you can start picking people up before the service and driving them home afterwards.
° You would have to flyer and spread the word about it and be very consistent when it comes to picking them up.
Nursing Homes are like a “Truck stop to eternity”. There are many there that are neglected by their family members and many who may already have eternity on their mind. It is so important to catch as many within these facilities and share the Gospel with them before they breathe their last breath.
On the CD included is a Gospel Nursing Home Script. The script changes some of the wording to better speak to the residents inside a Nursing Home facility.
1. Go to www.google.com
2. Type in nursing homes
3. Click on the website Medicare.gov- Nursing Homes Compare- Geography Questions
4. You may search by city, zip code, state, and county or facility name. Click on appropriate icon.
Example: click on city Click on the down arrow to select state Click on down arrow to select distance desired Click on next step
5. A list of the nursing homes, phone numbers and number of patient beds will be generated.
(Ask to speak to the activities director)
• “Hello, my name is_and I am calling from_church. The reason I am calling you today is
that God has put the elderly on my heart and I would like to come into your facility and offer prayer to your residents. Our teams are well trained in terms of HIPPA laws (not taking names or private information). They are polite and not pushy. They wear name tags, knock at the doors to the residents' rooms, and will check in at each nursing station.”
• Normally they are very grateful that we have a desire to come into the nursing homes and spend time with their patients.
• If they say “yes, we can get a group together for you,” I reply: “If it is alright with you, I prefer to go room to room and pray for the patients. This is because I know that many of the patients who really need prayer are not often able to attend group settings due to their physical limitations.” (This usually opens the door for room-to-room visits with the patients.)
• I schedule the visits at 10 AM, 1 PM, 2:30 PM, and 4 PM. These times seem to work well for the nursing homes daily schedules.
• It is important for the teams to stop at each individual nursing station in the nursing homes and let them know that they are there offering prayer to the patients. It is also important that they wear name tags.
• Remember to use the Nursing Home Gospel Script.
• Introduce you at the nurses' stations.
• Remember to not take down any names in the nursing home. Taking down names would be in violation of the HIPPA Law.
• Wear your nametags. This will make the staff and patients more comfortable.
• Knock loudly at the doors, as many patients are hard of hearing.
• Go into the nursing homes with the intention of praying for everyone and leading everyone to the Lord.
• Witnessing to the staff is at the team leader's discretion. Encouraged to do after all the residents are prayed for.
• It is important to not spend too much time with any individual patient. There are many patients in each nursing home. Our goal is to give everyone the opportunity to receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
• Confused patients may only be able to do the “condensed' version of the salvation prayer.
• It is important to not be intimidated by contracted patients confined to their beds. Many are lying in bed just waiting for the opportunity to receive Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
• Please be sure to get testimony cards and stat cards filled out from all of your team members before they leave.
• Pray for the sick and EXPECT MIRACLES TO HAPPEN!
• Follow-up in the nursing homes is important. Some of the ways we do this are:
° Setting up Bible studies for the patients.
° Conducting church services and visitations weekly/bi-weekly in the facilities.
° Going through the Nursing Home Gospel Script and offering salvation to new patients who have been admitted into the facilities.
On the following page is a sheet to use when booking Nursing Homes. Below are notes on the sheet for information you will need.
Name & Title of person appointment booked with - The person at the facility who gives you permission to go
Person who booked appointment - Person who called the facility who got permission to go Person confirmed with - Person who gives you the confirmation when you call back to confirm Team Sent - Number of people to send to the facility Team Leader - Whomever you assign to lead the team to the facility
Potential - Number of beds in the facility (Potential amount of residents who can receive Christ)
Date of appointment:_Time of appointment:_
Name of facility:_
Name & title of person appointment booked with:_
Address of facility:_
Address confirmed? Yes Or No
Are we allowed to pray with each resident? Yes Or No Comments:
Person who booked appointment:_Date: _
Appointment confirmed? Yes Or No
Name of person it was confirmed with:_Date:
Team Sent: ____________ Team Leader: _______
Potential: _______________Decisions for Christ:
Follow Up Visit Scheduled? Yes Or No Date:_______________________ Time:
Matt. 25:36b ... I was in prison, and you visited me.
We are being obedient to the Word by going into prisons. If Christians will not go, then cults will go into the prisons to deceive people. We must go into all the world and preach the Gospel--prisons included. Go to win souls, preach the gospel, pray for the sick, get people filled with the Holy Ghost, and see the inmates raised up as laborers. We are bringing the Gospel Soul Winning Script inside the prisons to reach the inmates and to teach them how to use it to reach others.
Hebrews 13:3 NLT: Remember those in prison, as if you were there yourself...
We have seen hundreds saved in prison through healing and miracle events inside eight facilities throughout central Florida. It is so important to reach out to those inside these facilities.
1. First, call all the prisons/jails within a 50-mile radius of your church and ask to speak to the chaplain.
2. Ask when the next prison/jail volunteer training will be. Each facility oftentimes will require you to go to a separate training.
3. Once you go to the training with a group of interested members of your church, each individual will receive a personal identification number. This number will allow you to enter a facility.
4. In the state of Florida, an individual can enter any state prison with the chaplain's permission once they have a pin. Think of the chaplain as the pastor over that prison. If you wanted to go preach at a church, you would have to sit down and talk with the pastor. In the same way, to get inside a prison, you have to talk to the chaplain. Let the chaplain know what you would like to do.
5. It is very important to have a good relationship with the chaplain. Often, if you know someone who knows the chaplain or warden it can help. Ask the chaplain if you can set up an outdoor event or a chapel service.
6. The outdoor event takes place out in the yard where everyone is. It would be beneficial to have an anointed worship leader with you to help get everyone's attention and to draw them in during praise and worship.
7. Ask permission to pray for the inmates in the yard and the inmates in the dorms.
8. The chapel service is simply a church service.
9. Ask the chaplain to post a flier announcing to the inmates the date and time of your chapel service.
We have found that the most effective way to grow the local church is through relationship
evangelism. We can see through the Word of God that this was a pattern that Jesus' disciples used when they first had an encounter with Jesus and since it worked for them it will definitely work for us.
John 1:40-45 Amp
“One of the two who heard what John said and followed Jesus was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. He first sought out and found his own brother Simon and said to him, We have found (discovered) the Messiah! - which translated is the Christ (the Anointed One). Andrew then led (brought) Simon to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, You are Simon son of John. You shall be called Cephas--which translated is Peter [Stone]. The next day Jesus desired and decided to go into Galilee; and He found Philip and said to him, Join Me as My attendant and follow Me. Now Philip was from Bethsaida, of the same city as Andrew and Peter. Philip sought and found Nathanael and told him, We have found (discovered) the One Moses in the Law and also the Prophets wrote about-Jesus from Nazareth, the [legal] son ofJoseph!”
*This tool is available on the CD included.
1. Hand out Operation Andrew cards on Sunday morning and refer to above scriptures.Then, have the congregation fill in, at least, seven or more names of un-saved or backslidden friends and/or relatives in your area.
2. In each service, have the congregation hold up their filled out Operation Andrew cards and pray for those on their lists for salvation and that all would come into the Kingdom of God.Then, pray for the Lord to give them favor as they approach them and invite them to Friendship Sunday.
3. Set a date that you will have Friendship Sunday and have everyone in the congregation use their faith for, at least, one unsaved person or family member to be with them on Friendship Sunday. Friendship Sunday Keys: Use the
slogan - Everyone Bring One! Preach an Evangelistic message, testimonies, altar call, snacks after service with fellowship with Pastor, staff, and church members.
4. Follow Up - Each person that brought a first time visitor then follows up on them. Example:
If the first time visitor does not come the following Sunday, then the person that brought them calls them and prays with them and disciples them.
5. Teach new people that they immediately need to bring other new people to the next service. Whatever you try to maintain will go backwards. You must build with the key people that will evangelize and with the new people that are excited about their newfound love for Jesus.
INVITE & BRING THE LOST!
Operation Andrew is a strategy that helps believers impact their city, family, friends, and co-workers with the Good News. All of us know people who need Jesus and are not plugged into a local church. Let's all do our part by praying for, inviting and bringing others to The River with us each Sunday, so they can hear the Good News and receive a touch from Heaven.
My Operation Andrew Souls List
I commit to invite and bring the following people with me to The River:
Use this card as a daily reminder! Detach below and place in offering bucket.
0 YES! Count on my participation in Operation Andrew!
The data you can record in regards to soul winning is the amount of souls/rededications, harvesters (People who went out on the streets), and Church Commitments (How many committed to come to church). We have a data tracking file that is in the excel program that keeps record of all the data turned in to our church for each year. On the CD we have included with the manual we have a blank soul winning tracking excel file.
In our lobby we keep a box that has a hole where people can drop in their stats from winning souls on their own time and did not come out on the streets with assigned teams. The box is a great way to keep track of souls being won by your church. It is important to encourage everyone to win souls throughout the week.
During the services when you announce your outreaches scheduled also announce how many got saved each week and total for the year. This shows the difference being in the community because of what the church through the outreaches. Doing testimonies during the service is another great way to encourage everyone in the church that they too can reach the lost and make an impact for the Kingdom by seeing someone else who is.
The Bible has much to say about the Church's involvement in the political affairs of our nation. It is the responsibility of the Church to support local, state, and national leaders who are godly men and women that uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, who strongly adhere to the principles of Christian life as outlined in God's Holy Word, and who live a life that is submitted to the leadership of the Holy Spirit. Let's take a look at a few scriptures that deal with the Church and government.
• Proverbs 29:18:
° KJV - Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
° NLT - When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful.
° GNT - A nation without God's guidance is a nation without order. Happy are those who keep God's law.
• Ecclesiastes 10:17:
° GNT - But a country is fortunate to have a king who makes his own decisions and leaders who eat at the proper time, who control themselves and don't get drunk.
° AMP - Happy (fortunate and to be envied) are you, O land, when your king is a free man and of noble birth and character and when your officials feast at the proper time--for strength and not for drunkenness!
° YLT - Happy art thou, O land, When thy king [is] a son of freemen, And thy princes do eat in due season, For might, and not for drunkenness.
• Proverbs 28:2:
° TLB - When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily; but with honest, sensible leaders there is stability.
° KLV - For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof: but by a man of understanding and knowledge the state thereof shall be prolonged.
° NLT - When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily. But wise and knowledgeable leaders bring stability.
• 1. Proverbs 11:14:
° NLT - Without wise leadership, a nation falls; with many counselors, there is safety.
° KJV - Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
° NLV - A nation falls where there is no wise leading, but it is safe where there are many wise men who know what to do.
• Proverbs 16:12:
° TMT - Good leaders abhor wrongdoing of all kinds; sound leadership has a moral foundation.
° WYC - They that do wickedly be abominable to the king; for the throne of the realm is made steadfast by rightfulness.
° NKJV - It is an abomination for kings to commit wickedness, For a throne is established by righteousness.
• Proverbs 29:4:
° TMT - A leader of good judgment gives stability; an exploiting leader leaves a trail of waste.
° NLT - A just king gives stability to his nation, but one who demands bribes destroys it.
• Proverbs 29:2:
° KJV - When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the
° TMT - When good people run things, everyone is glad, but when the ruler is bad, everyone groans.
° GNT - Show me a righteous ruler and I will show you a happy people. Show me a wicked ruler and I will show you a miserable people.
CITIZENSHIP & PRAYER:
• 1 Peter 2:13-17:
° TMT - Makes Jesus your Lord proud of you by being good citizens. Respect the authorities, whatever their level; they are God's emissaries for keeping order. It is God's will that by doing good, you might cure the ignorance of fools... Exercise your freedom by serving God, not by breaking the rules. Treat everyone you meet with dignity. Love your spiritual family. Revere God. Respect the government.
• Romans 13:1:
° KJV - Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
• 2 Chronicles 7:14:
° KJV - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
There are many ways to get involved with the governmental and political affairs of your local community, city, county, and state. You can contact each of these offices by Internet research. For Senate use www.Senate.gov and for House use www.House.gov.
There are many groups that can help you stay up to date on all political matters. You can use the Internet to research local, state, and national Christian Lobby Groups.
Below is a list of local offices that you will want to pray for and be involved with:
• City Council
• Police Chief
• Fire Chief
• School Board
• County Board of Commerce
• School Board
• Lieutenant General
• Attorney General
• State Representative
• State Senate
• Agricultural Commissioner
• Vice President
• House of Representatives
• Supreme Court
The purpose of doing an Outreach or Bible study in the communities, is it opens the door to reach more people with the Gospel and raise up more leaders that will help reach their own community. Doing a large outreach event allows an opportunity to see many get saved. Doing a Bible Study opens the door to pour into those who are already saved, teaching them the Word, and allowing them to renew their minds with the Truth. You get the opportunity on a weekly basis to demonstrate the Word to them outside of the four walls of the church.
Another great way to get people saved or to attend a Bible study is to do a large outreach where items are given away. At the event you can invite people on the buses and invite them to church.
Getting a Location - There are many different locations to do a Bible Study. When choosing a location it's always good to pray and be led. You can have a Bible Study through contacts or you can go in without knowing anyone and end up with a powerful Bible Study.
A. House - for a house you can use someone who rides on your bus or attends your church.
a. Inside - in a kitchen or living room.
b. Outside - in the yard or by the pool.
B. Apartment area - It's good to contact the manager and let them know what you are doing and get their permission depending on what you are doing especially if you are doing activities. It's good to have their blessing and let them know what you are doing in their community.
a. Clubhouse - with permission some have a nice room you can use for free.
b. Basketball Court or open cement area
d. Open grass area
e. Pool area
C. Park - is good if it is free to the public and in a good location.
SNACKS - Having chips, drinks, cookies, and/or candy available before or after your Bible study.
COOKOUTS - Having a community cook out brings the community together and will bring a lot more people than your regular Bible study.
• You can have them once a month or every two weeks depending on how often you decide.
• Hotdogs, chips, candy, and drinks are simple and easy. For condiments, you can just use ketchup and mustard.
• Have chairs if they are available and set them up in rows facing one direction like it would be for a service.
• Usually a lot of people will come to this activity that may never have heard the Gospel. It's best to wait to serve the people food. Have them sit in the chairs facing a speaker and preach the Gospel to them. Give them a chance to receive Jesus by doing an altar call.
• After people receive Jesus you can give the people a chance to be filled with the Holy Spirit or even receive a healing.
• You can talk about your weekly Bible Study and invite them to ride the bus to church. Have your Bus Flyers available to hand out.
• Pray for the food and serve the people.
OTHER IDEAS - The same outline as above can apply to giveaways you may want to do in the community such as...
• Gift Cards
• Food Boxes
• Household Goods
• School Supplies
• Basketball Tournament with prizes
Don’t flyer more than 2-3 days before your event unless you plan to flyer the day before and/ or on the day of the event.
When designing your flyer, always include these important details:
1. NAME OF AREA - You can put the name of the apartments, neighborhood, park, or area of whom you are inviting.
2. FOOD - if you are doing food, drink, snacks, a cookout, always state in large letters what you are offering at your event. Also, always emphasize the word “FREE'.
3. MUSIC - if there is music of any type say so on your flyer.
4. WHEN - put the date and the day of your Cookout event. If you are just advertising your weekly Bible Study if you had them on Fridays, you can put “Every Friday” and no date.
5. TIME - afternoons after 5 PM is best to do a Bible study, because people are off work and can attend.
6. WHERE - always describe where you are doing this Bible study or cookout. Most people know the area of their community but not all. Include the cross intersection you are near to help them find you.
7. INFO- put a contact number of the church and the name of who they can contact if they have questions about the event or about your church.
8. OTHER- Anything else you would like to include about your Bible Study. You may have a drawing with a cash prize, or games with small fun prizes.
On the next few pages are examples of a regular Bible study flyers and event flyers.
FREE H0TD06S & DRINKS!!
MEET AT THE CORNER OF 34th & LOUISIANA BY MONA’S FASHION
FREE TOYS, BIKES, WATCHES, GIFT CARDS, FACEPAINTING &
-DANCE CONTEST!--LIVE MUSIC BAN Dl-
BASKETBALL COURT @ N. MAIN STREET BRING THE WHOLE FAMILY!
SEE YOU THERE!!
FREE DRINKS MID FINI
THIS FRID/W! 5:00PM
BY THE VOLLEYBALL COURT!
Here is a checklist that can be added to that is used for outreaches. It is good to have one so that no tools are forgotten. On it is a line for name of Outreach and date. This sheet is also included on the CD.
□ Music/1 pod
□ Team Leader Sheet
□Gas for van
□ Community Stat sheet
When it comes to a Bible Study, it is simply what it is...a Bible Study. It is a time to teach. There is a difference between preaching and teaching. You want to take time to help the people you are teaching to understand and learn the Truths of the Word. When you have a group of people who have not grown up in church, you want to teach as though you are teaching children. You want it simple and not complicated.
When you do major outreaches that draw a lot of new people in to your cook out or giveaways, you should definitely preach the Gospel giving them an opportunity to receive Jesus and also baptize them with the Holy Ghost.
On the CD included, there are sermon notes on the 12 Foundations Of Our Faith also called 12 Pillars. They go over basic subjects in a Christian's life and can be used for any type of Bible study whether in a community or in a high school. These are great tools for young believers or believers who never have learned the foundations of the Word of God.
The 12 Pillars Include:
1. Repentant Heart
2. My Mission
3. My Worship
4. My Family
5. My Treasure
6. My Father
7. My Comforter
8. My Roadmap
9. My Absolutes
10. My Prayer Life
11. My Crowns
12. My Jesus
When doing a Bible study in a community you become the Leader of that community. If all you do is show up to preach until next week you are just a guest speaker in that community. People need more than just a preacher, but someone who'll show up and do the Word by showing they care. The Key is consistency. Consistency is not a trait of the world. God is consistent in His love for us. This is something they need to see from someone filled with the Spirit who represents God to them. You must be consistent to be a part of their lives and build relationships with them embracing them as family. You must show that your love for Jesus is real! Pray for them!
During the outreach/Bible study you can do a registration card or sign up sheet to get people's names and contact information so you can follow up. On the CD included is an excel with our registration cards.
Here are some ideas for reaching the community:
1. Attend and/or Serve at Community Events:
• Fun Gatherings
• Awareness Events
• Holiday Gatherings
2. Attend Major Events in the Individual's Life:
• Baby Shower
• Hospital Visit
• Home Visit (person sick or injured)
3. Soul Winning- teach people to soul win and reach their own community
4. Just Show Up
• Host Games
• Cook Outs
• Play with Kids
5. Contact the people who attend your Bible Study and let them know you are thinking about them and praying for them etc.
6. Items to bring to an event, visit, or even to bless the office employees of the apartment complex
• Food Box
• Need Items (Toilet Paper, Tooth Paste, Shampoo, Etc.)
Goal: Bringing in a constant flow of goods, services, products, and finances to the outreach department/ministry. Praying and believing God for the finances to bring in the harvest with outreach/winning souls.
Luke 6:38 - “Give and it shall be given unto you, a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, shall men give into your bosom.”
1. FINDING COMPANIES: Search the web for all types of businesses local as well as major corporations located in your area. If it is a major corporation, find out if the company has grants.
2. CONTACT: Find the contact number for the company. You will need certain information from them if they are going to donate.
3. INFORMATION NEEDED: Company name, address, attn to whom and fax, email or mailing address. Also, what they are donating, so we know what to ask for: grant (finances), store gift cards, products, services, discounts, etc. Brainstorming for drop boxes, etc.
4. CREATE A RELATIONSHIP: Creating an ongoing relationship with local businesses helps set up ongoing and future partnerships. (For example, ask, “Can you also donate to us next year?”)
5. DAILY GOAL: Find 1+ new company to add to the donations roster with sending information. Send out 3+ donation requests, follow up on 3+ previous requests sent, updating roster with details. Weekly, trust God for at least
1 donation. Review next giveaway and focus on gathering items in by due date. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. If you have an outreach or event, plan ahead to ensure you have a donation!!!
“Hello, may I please speak with your Store Manager?”
(If a restaurant, ask for General Manager, if a retail store, ask for Personnel or HR Manager.)
(When person answers)
“Hello, I'm calling from_and I was calling to find out what your process was for applying for a dona
“Well, what were you looking for and what is the donation for?”
(Sometimes they will send you directly to a web site to apply or give you a fax or an email to send a request to.)
“We were looking for grant funds or a store gift card to support our missions work here in the local communities with families in need. We provide food, clothing, and other goods to the families. Do you think you might be able to help us? A donation of any amount would be greatly appreciated.”
(Most of the time, they will tell you what they can do or how to apply. So, get the details about where you are applying and how. Sometimes, they will say to send them a letter and they'll get back to you in a couple days. YOU get back to them and follow-up if you have not heard from them. They most likely will not get back with you.) (Often, they say they can do a gift card for $25 for example. You can thank them and ask them if they need a letter. And then, ask them what time you can come by and pick it up.)
Key Note: Find out if there's one corporate giving location or if each store has its own budget. If each store in the area can give, go to company web site and paste every store's information in the city of Tampa.
TIP: When sending donation requests and making calls, keep an excel tracking sheet of all of your contacts and dates letters were sent and to whose attention it was written to, so you can know when and to whom you are following up with. 1
_(City, State, Zip)
On behalf of the River at Tampa Bay Church, I would like to thank you for your donation of a_(donation
requesting) to our organization. Your commitment to helping needy families in the community is sincerely appreciated.
We would like to continue providing food and goods to needy families throughout the Greater Tampa area. The families we contribute to and support are all families in our local community.
All items will be given away for free. They will not be resold.
Our goal is to continue to make a significant difference. With the help of donations from supporters, such as
_(Company Name), we will continue to see improvements in our communities, one household at a time,
one family at a time.
The River Church at Tampa Bay is a non-profit 501 © (3) organization, tax id: 33333333333.
Thanks again for your generous support of our efforts to make a difference.
With sincere thanks and appreciation,
Community Outreach Director
Office Number:_(your office number and extension)
Cellular:_(your cell phone number)
Email:_(your email address)
*Print on your church/organization's letterhead. And also attach your company's 501c3 certificate, if applicable.1
Tracking Data for your Bible Study can be as detailed as you want it. For our data records we keep track of several
elements in our Outreaches. For keeping track of data we have every outreach leader fill out a stat card and text
the stats to the person who keeps track of all data for Bible studies. The following is a description of what is on our
Outreach Stat Card:
1. COMMUNITY NAME: Name of Apartments or housing area.
2. DATE: Date of event.
3. DAY: Day of event. (It's good to have the Bible Study on the same day every week so the people can get in habit of when the Bible study is. It's also helps to know when to expect stats.
4. COMMUNITY LEADER NAME: There is always no more than one who is responsible over the outreach. They may have an assistant, but there's one in leadership over the Bible study that makes the small and important decisions about the direction of the Bible studies.
5. TOTAL ATTENDANCE: This includes all workers and their children as well as everyone attending the Bible Study
6. 13 & UNDER: Number of Kids.
7. 14 & UP: Number of Adults.
8. TOTAL SALVATIONS: This number includes the altar call and anyone who got saved right before and after the Bible Study. (Before the Bible Study, going out in the community and witnessing and handing out flyers about the Bible Study is good for reaching out.)
9. FILLED WITH SPIRIT: The amount of people baptized in the Holy Ghost.
10. HEALINGS: Number of people with manifested healings.
11. DELIVERANCES: People who are delivered of demonic spirits.
Community Outreach Stats
Community Leader Name:_
13 & Under:_ 14 & Up:.
A. When looking for areas to start picking up, it's always important to begin with prayer. Following the leading of the Holy Spirit is always vital to effectively reach your city.
B. Google Maps is a great resource for mapping locations. On Google you can see what a location looks like without even going there. By clicking on “SATELLITE” you are able to tell whether the locations on the map are stores, businesses or apartments or homes. Apartments are good because there are many people in one location.
C. Depending on the transportation you have available, you will know how many areas you want to reach. The more transportation the more areas.
D. When you start out, you may not see a large response. The key is to be faithful reaching with your outreach efforts in these areas on a weekly base. If you keep knocking and sharing the Gospel, they will come.
E. The next page has an example sheet for mapping a route on Google.
You can use satellite to see apartments & housing areas.
To have a good estimation on time for pick up, drive through to see how long it takes between each pick up location. Point A-8:30 AM. Point B-8:45 AM. Point C-8:50 AM. Allow 5 minutes per pick up location.
The yellow areas will be where you flyer with the time and location (RED dot) where they can be picked up.
You can pick people up at the front of their apartments at one location.
Always consider for large and busy roads it's best to pick up on the right side of the road.
5. The apartments between points A, B, & C will receive flyers as well. This map is just an example. Everything below A on the same road down to Co Rd 582A could all be 8:30 AM. With Points B & C, the road can be split. The South part of the road where B is can be 8:45 AM. The North part where C is can be 8:50 AM.
A. On the next page is a general and very simple black & white flyer that has been very effective and very inexpensive. You can make it even simpler (as long as it is understandable) and still have great results.
B. On the flyer if we have multiple locations, we'll put a blank for pickup location and a blank for what time they would be picked up on Sunday. You can also type in the name of the apartment area and time and make flyers for each location if you would like as well.
C. Always put a contact number and/or website so that people can call if they have questions and would like more information about the church.
D. Every Sunday we give out groceries to each household. We get a count of how many and put the food boxes on the bus/van during service. At the end of service they back on the vehicle and we give them their box when they get dropped off at their location. If this is something your church does or would like to do you can mention it on the flyer you create.
E. This flyer is half page because you can make more flyers and save paper. You can do this by making your page horizontal and giving it 2 columns.
F. For special events (Christmas Toy Give Away, Easter Egg Hunt) you can advertise on the same flyer. You can also do prize giveaways (Gift Cards, Cash Prize, Turkeys, etc.) and advertise for it on the flyer to help draw the people in.
G. Following is an example of a Shopping Spree Giveaway flyer with multiple bus pick up locations as well as a general flyer where you fill in time and pick up location.
REGISTER 3/4 & 3/11 DRAWING IS ON 3/11
OUR BUS WILL PICK YOU & YOUR FAMILY UP THIS SUNDAY
JACKSON HEIGHTS ON LAKE AVE @ 8:30 C.BLYTHE ANDREWS ON OSBOURNE @ 8:30 BELMONT HEIGHTS ON LAKE @ 8:40 ROBLES PARK ON LAKE & CENTRAL @ 8:50 JL YOUNG @ 9:00AM ON WATERS @ 9:10AM OTHER LOCATIONS ON OTHER SIDE
EVERY FAMILY WILL RECEIVE A FREE BOX OF GROCERIES!
CONTACT 813-971-9999 EXT. 267 OR GO TO WWW.REVIVAL.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION
THE RIVER CHURCH BUS WILL PICK YOU UP!
Start your week off RIGHT @ The River Church alTampa Bay
FREE BOX OF GROCERIES! OUR BUS WILL PICK YOU UP1
Children’s Ministry is available for ages 1-12 years 1*' TIME VISITORS WILL RECEIVE A $25 GIFT PACK!
EACH FAMILY WILL RECEIVE A FREE BOX OF GROCERIES!
3738 River loti Dr. • Tampa, FL 33610 [813) 971-9999 ■ www.revivaLeom
BUS STOP LOCATION:
A. It's always good to meet with whoever is helping with your Bus Ministry helpers on Sunday morning. It's a good time to make any announcements you would like your helpers to tell the people who get picked up.
B. Have an attendance sheet ready for each bus/van. You can make this in excel. The following page shows you what an entire excel looks like. It is also included in the CD.
C. LOCATION, is the pick up location. 0-12 and 13-17, is how many kids attending with the adult. NMC, are those interested in New Members Class. FOOD, is number of adults getting a food box. PRESENT, is that the person is present. VISITOR, are those coming for the first time. TOTAL total including children.
D. If you are running vans, you can have someone with the driver to help with attendance. On a bus, you may have a “Bus Captain” who greets the people and may preach an encouraging word on the way to the church after all the stops have been made. Then there would be a helper on the bus who takes the attendance on the route.
E. After Sunday, you can call everyone on your attendance sheet. It's good to have an excel so you can keep track of attendance and can tell how long someone may not be coming.
F. FOOD MINISTRY - Check your local food banks for getting food on a weekly basis. We give out a food box to every adult on the buses automatically and load it on the bus during the service. For others who have a need for a food box we do not give it to them until the end of the service.
G. If a child wants to come without a parent we ask them to have their parent/guardian fill out a permission slip before they come that Sunday. On the two next pages are examples of a bus attendance sheet and permission slip.
Parent/Legal Guardian Permission Release Form The River at Tampa Bay 3738 River International Drive Tampa, FL 33610
Bus Permission Slip for Ages 6-17
I, the undersized parentdegal guardian for.............do hereby give
permission for him/her (please circle) ro ride bus/van to church on Sunday mornings during the 2[M2 calendar year on this rhe___day of____, 2012.
The undersized parent-legal guardian does hereby understand that The River at Tampa Bay, and or Revival Ministries International does not insure the safety of the stated child during the trip to and from the River Church njy: during their attendance at the River Church.
'[he undersized further understands and agrees that neither 1, nor my spouse or any family member of the attending child will bring any action for all damages (negligence or wrongful death), medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of income or earning capacity, etc; regardless of the severity of the injury or how permanent the injury (or losses) might be. against The River at Tampa Bay and or Revival Ministries International, or their employees or volunteers.
'[he undersized further agrees [o indemnify and hold harmless The River at Tampa Bay and or Revival Ministries international, for any expenses, court costs, or attorney's fees incurred relative to the defense of any action by, on the behalf of. the child / teenager, family or guardianship of any child / teenager entrusted to The River @ Tampa Bay and or Revival Ministries International.
1 do hereby understand that every effort will be made to contact the parentTegal guardian of the child in the event of an emergency, but in the event the parcnt/legal guardian cannot be located, emergency medical treatment is hereby authorized.
Youth’s Name:: _
Youth’s Age: _
Current Medical Conditions and/or Allergies: _
Parent’s/LegaJ Guardian’s Information
rarenf sTegal Guardian's Name Printed:_
Parent’sTegal Guardian's Name Sized-_
Parent/Legal Guardian Address: _
Parent/Legal Guardian Phone it (home)_(cell)
Emergency Contact Information
Each youth must have this form filled out completely by their parent/legal guardian in order to ride the bus on Sunday mornings.
After Sunday, everyone on the Bus Attendance gets a call. We call them, and love on them as family. We call to say “Hello” and see if they have any prayer requests.
Bus Follow-Up Calls
Hello my name is_, from_(Name of your Church).
We are calling to say “Hello”, and that we love you and to see how you are doing.
How are you today?
Is there I can pray anything I can pray for you today? (PRAY FOR THEM)
Announcements: (You can put announcements from your church, any prize “Giveaways” you may
do for people who come on the buses, water baptism dates, new membership classes, etc.)
Every Sunday, we keep a record of how many total comes on the buses. Keeping track of growth let's us know the impact we are making on the city. We put this information in an excel file with the date of the Sunday. In the CD included are two Bus Graphs one like below and another that has data tracked by monthly average. In the graph below with each date is a record of attendance for that Sunday. The graph next to it shows you increase and decrease in attendance.
On the following page is an example donation letter and is on the CD included, which is located inside the Bible Studies folder.